1. Skip to Menu
  2. Skip to Content
  3. Skip to Footer>

Exterior image of the Office of the Westchester County Clerk


Westchester County Clerk Initiates Program To Alert Municipalities to Foreclosures

Idoni Seeks to Avoid Zombie Homes and Other Nuisances

County Clerk Tim Idoni has initiated a program to alert Westchester municipalities that a foreclosure proceeding has been commenced by a lending institution against a local property owner. Foreclosed properties are quite often abandoned or kept in disrepair during the process, harming the local neighborhood, or ignored by the bank or financial institution filing the foreclosure.


You May Obtain A Personal Identification Card From The County Clerk

Westchester County Residents Are Eligible

If you are a Westchester County resident and are in need of a personal identification card, you may apply in person at the Westchester County Clerk’s Licensing Office, 110 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Room 340 in White Plains, New York. The office is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Fridays excluding holidays.


Idoni Honored as New York's County Clerk of the Year

County Clerk Wins Two State Awards

Westchester County Clerk Tim Idoni was honored by his peers with two prestigious awards on June 12, 2017 at the New York State Association of County Clerks (NYSACC) conference held in Lake Placid, New York. Idoni, currently serving in his twelfth year as the county’s recorder of land records and Clerk of the Supreme and County Courts, was hailed for his leadership in professional management processes, legislative advocacy and twenty-first century technological advancements. These are the ninth and tenth awards won since 2010, primarily for technological leadership and fiscal efficiency through systems that can be duplicated in counties all over the country.

read more... 

Tutorials Available on County Clerk's YouTube Channel

Westchester County Clerk's YouTube Channel Features Tutorials on Using Our WRO and PREP Systems

The Westchester County Clerk’s YouTube Channel features eight tutorial videos on using Westchester Records Online (WRO) to search for land and legal records and using the Property Records Electronic Portal (PREP) to record land records in Westchester County.

Tutorials for WRO and PREP include:

Searching Maps The Basics of Using PREP
Basics of Searching Land Records Entering a Deed in PREP
Basics of Searching Legal Records Entering a Mortgage in PREP
Viewing Images as a Registered User Entering a Satisfaction in PREP


Search Documents on Westchester Records Online

Search thousands of Westchester County Clerk records right from your home or office through our online portal, Westchester Records Online (WRO), by clicking the "Records Online" button on the left. You can find records ranging from 18th century deeds to judgments entered in our Legal Division last week to subdivision maps and atlases spanning the entire history of Westchester County. There is a fee to view images of documents (to offset the cost of scanning these documents), but quite a bit of data about a document is available free of charge. Click on "Records Online" and follow the instructions on the screen to get started. Sensitive documents such as matrimonial judgments or other sealed documents are not available online and require you to visit our office in White Plains and show proper identification. For more information, call 914-995-3080.

read more about searching court records...

read more about searching property records...

Additional Requirements for Minors

All minors, including newborn infants, must have their own passport. In addition to complying with the general requirements for applying for a passport, please note the following additional requirements:

The minor must appear in person: In an effort to prevent international child abduction and improve the accurate identification of passport applicants, the Department of State requires the personal appearance of all minors applying for passports, even if the minor has previously been issued a passport.

Proof of Minor's Relationship to Parents/Guardians for a minor under the age of 16: If you  apply for a minor under the age of 16, you will need to submit one of the following documents as evidence of the minor's U.S. citizenship: a certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents' full names), a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Form FS-240 (with parents' names), a Certification of Birth Abroad, Form DS-1350 (with parents' names), an Adoption Decree (with adopting parents' names), a certified copy of a Court Order Establishing Custody, or a certified copy of a Court Order Establishing Guardianship. Note that if the name of a parent or guardian is other than what appears on the document submitted to prove the parental relationship, evidence of a legal name change is required. Note further that a prior U.S. Passport is not considered sufficient proof of a minor's relationship to parents.

Parents must present Proof of Identity to establish relationship to minor under the age of 16: Each parent or guardian must submit one of the following: a U.S. Passport, a Naturalization Certificate, or a current, valid driver’s license, government identification card or military identification card. Note that a Social Security Card does not prove your identity. If you do not possess the identification listed, you will need to provide alternate proof of identity.

Proof of Consent of Both Parents: Both parents should appear together and sign the application of the minor under the age of 16. However, if only one parent appears and signs, that parent must submit the other parent's notarized Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent: Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16 and provide a photocopy of the front and back of his or her ID. Alternatively, a parent who appears alone and signs must submit one of the following forms of primary evidence of sole authority to apply: Minor's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary) listing only applying parent; or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, Form FS-240 or Certification of Birth Abroad, Form DS-1350 listing only applying parent; or Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless minor's travel is restricted by that order); or Adoption decree (if applying parent is sole adopting parent); or Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the minor; or Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent; or Death certificate of non-applying parent.

Signing the Passport Application: Applicants age 16 through 17 must sign their name on the application.

Signing the Passport: Minors who are able to sign their names may do so. Otherwise, a parent may sign for the minor by writing the minor's name on the signature line and signing the parent's name above the minor's name. Example: Jane Doe for Child Doe.

Minors Involved in Custody Disputes: Parents, legal guardians, legal representatives and courts can request that the Department of State Office of Children’s Issues register a minor's name in The Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program. The form used is the DS-3077 Request for Entry Into Children's Issuance Alert Program. If a minor's  name has been entered in this program, a passport will not be issued to such a minor's without notification to the proper parties. For more information visit the Department of State's Children’s Passport Issuance Alert Program site.

While the Westchester County Clerk's Office is happy to assist you with the renewal of your passport, you may be able to renew your passport via mail. You may apply for passport renewal by mail if you already have a passport that is not damaged, you received it within the past 15 years, you were at least age 16 when it was issued, and you still have the same name as in the passport (or you can legally document your name change). The US Department of State now REQUIRES that applicants renewing their passports (who meet the above criteria), do so by mail.  In order to apply via mail, you should complete an Application for Passport By Mail, Form DS-82.

Here are some tips for you to consider if you are renewing your passport by mail:

Be Sure to Attach Necessary DocumentsAttach your most recent passport (which will be returned to you), one photograph, and a check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State in the amount of $110.00.

If Your Name Has ChangedPlease enclose a certified copy of the legal document specifying your name change (e.g. marriage certificate, divorce decree,  or court order). Note that if your name has changed by other means, you must apply in person for your renewal passport.

Mailing Your DocumentsYou should mail the application and attachments in a padded envelope to:

National Passport Processing Center
P.O. Box 640155
Irving, TX 75064-0155

Expedited ServicePlease note that if you need your passport urgently, you may request Expedited Service for an additional $60.00 fee. The address to mail applications for Expedited Service is:

National Passport Processing Center
P.O. Box 90955
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955

Larger PassportIf you travel extensively, you may request a larger, 52-page passport at no additional cost.

Mutilated, Altered or Damaged PassportsIf your passport has been mutilated, altered or damaged, you cannot apply by mail. You must apply in person.

Questions?  Call us at (914) 995-3086 or email

The Passport Office is located in room #340

 Open Monday through Friday

Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m

In order to apply for a U.S. Passport in the Westchester County Clerk's Office, you must fill out an application, provide proof of U.S. citizenship, proof of identity, one passport photo which can be taken in our White Plains office and pay the applicable fees. Here are some additional details on each step of the application process:

Fill out an Application for Passport, Form DS-11: Please complete the form legibly in BLACK ink, but do not sign the form. You will be asked to sign this form in the presence of a passport agent.  The normal processing time is 4-6 weeks.  You can request expedited service which is 2-3 weeksby paying an additional fee.

Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship: In order to prove your U.S. Citizenship you must provide either a U.S. Passport or a certified copy of your birth certificate listing your parent(s) full name issued by a city, county or state, or an original Naturalization Certificate with a raised seal. Please note that a certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar's signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within one year of your birth. If you do not have either a U.S. Passport or a certified copy of your birth certificate, you will need to provide Alternate Proof of U.S. Citizenship. For minors under the age of 16, the citizenship evidence submitted must list both parents' names.   Please call us at (914) 995-3086 for more details.

Provide Proof of Identification: You may prove your identity with a valid U.S. Passport Book, previous or current U.S. Passport Card, a Naturalization Certificate dated within five years, or a current, valid driver's license, government identification card or military identification card. Note that a Social Security Card does not prove your identity. If you do not possess the identification listed, you will need to provide alternate proof of identity. Please call us at (914)995-3086 for more details.

Provide One Passport Photo: You can get a 2x2 photo taken at the Westchester County Clerk's Office or Mobile Passport Office for $10.00. However, if you wish to bring your own photo, please provide one 2 x 2 full face color photo, taken within the last six months and capable of withstanding laminating temperature of 225 degrees Fahrenheit (107 Celsius). Photos need to show a current appearance, exhibit a clear front view of your entire face, and have a white background. You should not be wearing a hat, headgear, dark or non-prescription glasses in the photo. Note that vending machine photos are generally not acceptable.

Fee: There are two different fees collected when applying for passports, which are as follows:

  • Passport BOOK: Adults (16 & above) = $110.00(*)
  • Passport BOOK: Child (under 16) = $80.00(*)
  • Expedite Fee: Additional $60.00 plus $15.89 for overnight return(*)

(*) These fees MUST be paid by check or money order, only and payable to the US Department of State.

  • There is also a $35.00 processing fee for each passport application which can be paid for by cash, credit card or a separate check or money order payable to Westchester County Clerk.  
  • We provide quality passport photo services for the price of $10.00 or $7.00 for Seniors.

Requirements For Minors:  All children, including newborn infants, must have their own passport. In addition to complying with the general requirements for applying for a passport please note there are additional requirements for children applying for a U.S. Passport.

Checking on Passport Application Status:  If you have already applied for a passport and need to find out the status, please call the Toll-Free Passport Hotline at 1-877-487-2778 or visit the Department of State's Online Passport Status System.

Questions?  Call us at (914) 995-3086/3088 or visit our office (Room 340) Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You can also email us at


Visiting Our Office?

Enter through the courthouse and proceed to the third floor.

Richard J. Daronco Courthouse
111 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
White Plains, NY 10601

Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
Passport Hours: 8am - 4:30pm
Closed on official holidays.

Upcoming Events

Tuesday, December 25

Christmas Day

Office Closed
Office will reopen on Wednesday, December 26th at 8am


Tuesday, January 1

New Year's Day

Office Closed
Office will reopen on Wednesday, January 2nd at 8am